For a tasty meal why not try this delicious black rice salad with pork recipe.
- 175g (1 cup) Black Rice
- 4 (about 125g each) pork loin steaks, excess fat trimmed
- 150g sugar snap peas, blanched
- 150g mange tout, thinly sliced, blanched
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 25g roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
We use black rice as it provides 50% more dietary fibre than brown rice.
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 30-35 minutes or until just tender once the rice is ready drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Cook the pork for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through.
- Transfer to a clean chopping board. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 2-3 minutes to rest.
- Thinly slice the pork. Place the rice, sugar snap peas, mange tout, spinach cashews and chives in a large bowl.
- Whisk the orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, honey and ginger in a small bowl.
- Add dressing and pork to the salad and gently toss to combine.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
With thanks to Australia’s taste.com.au for this delicious diabetes friendly recipe.