The A08L is foldable, compact and sturdy. The optional 3 batteries will supply a speed up to 6mph (restricted to 4mph) and driving range up to 27 miles.
At the top of the Freedom series range, the lightweight A08L offers all of the benefits of the smaller models, plus bigger 12” rear wheels and a maximum gradient of an impressive 14 degrees. Controlled using a joystick on either armrest the A08L makes light work of cobbled streets, rougher terrains and drop kerbs – it can also be attendant controlled. The electromagnetic brakes are automatically applied when the joystick is in the neutral position, preventing accidental rolling.
A maximum user weight of 25 stone (158kg) and a seat 17.5” wide and 17” deep provide comfort, stability and safety from the lap belt. When open the A08L is 40” (L) x 24.4” (W) x 35.4” (H) and when folded is 25.2” (L) x 29” (W) x 13” (H) – easily fitting in a car boot.
We want to be certain you buy the electric wheelchair that’s right for you, so we offer a free, no-obligation home-demo of our chairs. One of our home-demo team will come to your address and demonstrate the range, allowing you to test, ask questions and rest-assured your needs are met.
Call us for any further information or to arrange your home demonstration, now.
- Overall weight: 27.9kg
- Maximum user weight: 25 Stone (158kg)
- Extendable Lap belt included
- Space between armrests: 19" wide
- Seat Width dimensions: 17"
- Seat Depth dimensions: 17"
- 3" Cushion
- Maximum speed: Up to 6mph (restricted to 4mph)
- Driving Range with 1 battery: up to 9 miles
- Driving Range with 2 batteries: up to 18 miles
- Driving Range with 3 batteries: up to 27 miles
- Batteries are charged via the chair, full charge takes 4 hours
- Extension available for charging batteries out of chair
- Joystick control can be fitted on left or right arm
- Rear wheels: 12" pneumatic tyre
- Front wheels: 8" PU tyre
- Motors: 2 x 300W brushless motors with electromagnetic braking
- Battery capacity: 24V 10AH per battery
- Suspension: Spring absorber x 4
- Gradient: 14 degrees
- Dimensions when opened
- Length: 40"
- Width: 24.4"
- Height: 35.4"
- Seat height: 19"
- Dimensions when folded
- Length: 25.2"
- Width: 29"
- Height: 13"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Talk to our expert team
Our team of Occupational Therapists and Disabled Living Foundation Trusted Advisors are always on hand to give the best advice
Join our Facebook community of over 300,000
Join over 300,000 other Spring Chickens for all things nostalgia, entertainment and health hints and tips.