Christmas songs are brilliant and we love them.
However, sometimes by the first week in December we have had enough of the standards, ‘Jingle Bells’ can start to irritate, particularly when it starts getting played in September in preparation for Christmas!
So for those of us that love Chrismas songs but want something slightly alternative we have trawled the snow-covered record vaults and come up with 10 almost forgotten classics. Some you’ll know and some you may not but we hope you’ll love them all.
Let us know what you think and let us know if there’s any that we have missed out in the comments below?
- Feliz Navidad – Jose Feliciano.
- Mary’s Boy Child – Matt Monro.
- Merry Christmas Baby – Otis Redding.
- Pretty Paper – Roy Orbison.
- Silent Night – Everly Brothers.
- Christmas Will Be Just Another Lonely Day – Brenda Lee.
- Lonely Pup In A Christmas Shop – Adam Faith.
- I’ll Be Home For Christmas – Elvis Presley & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
- All I Want For Christmas Is A Beatle – Dora Bryan.
- A Not So Merry Christmas – Bobby Vee.
Why not let us know your ‘not so run of the mill’ Christmas favourites in the comments section below, we’d love to hear them!