Did you manage to work out the Hollywood icon despite the tricky optical illusion. If you did, well done. It can be so difficult to see the images in these illusions.
If you are still struggling to see the image, try and focus just outside and see if you can realise it in your periphery vision. It is often your subconscious that will identify these types of images more so than a focussed stare.
Optical Illusion Challenge #3 Answer
This legend of the silver screen started life as the very normal sounding Norma Jeane Mortenson. It wasn't long before she had the movie going world at her feet, known globally as Marilyn Monroe.
Afterall, Marilyn was always 'Just a small-town girl in a big world trying to find love'. Aren't we all!
Marilyn's image is one of the most recognisable in the history of 20th century iconography.
10 Interesting Facts about Marilyn Monroe.
- Marilyn Monroe was Truman Capote's first choice to play the role of Holly Golightly in the 1961 film version of Breakfast At Tiffany's. She was advised against the role by her acting coach, Lee Strasberg. Strasberg believed that playing a call girl would negatively impact her acting career.
- The history of films is littered with tales of how difficult Marilyn could be on set. Tony Curtis co-starred with Marilyn in the 1959 film, Some Like It Hot. Curtis found himself aghast at Marilyn antics, famously commenting that 'kissing Marilyn was like kissing Hitler'.
- Whilst Marilyn was notoriously shy, there were occasions when she could be quite forceful. Ella Fitzgerald tells the story that if it wasn't for Marilyn she would not have played the bigger jazz clubs and may well have had a career touring the 'chitlin circuit'. Marilyn was a massive fan and insisted the Mocambo, a famous Hollywood nightclub, booked Ella Fitzgerald. As a sweetener to the club owner, Marilyn guaranteed to be front and centre at his club every night she played. The rest is history, he booked Ella and Marilyn was right were she said she would be, every single night. Girl power!
- Joe DiMAggio, Marilyn's second husband, sent half a dozen red roses to Marilyn's graveside every week for 20 years after she died! Wow!!
- Monroe not only struggled with mental health issues. During her lifetime she continually endured painful endometriosis. Sadly, this was to scupper her lifelong ambition to be a mother.
- Marilyn liked to use different names throughout her life. The most fetching of which was Zelda Zonk, a name she used when booking in and out of hotels!
- Mariah Carey purchased Marilyn Monroe's white baby grand piano for over $600k back in 1999.
- All images of Marilyn Monroe wearing furs, even the black mink DiMaggio gave her, are strictly off limits. When Marilyn passed, 75% of her estate went to the Strasbergs. Anna Strasberg strictly forbids any usage of these images due to Marilyn's love of animals.
- Marilyn was an early Yoga convert. Following the same Yoga regimes as Old Hollywood stars, Greta Garbo and Gloria Swanson.
- In her ghost-written biography, My Story, Marilyn admits her obsession with Abraham Lincoln, claiming, 'He was the only Famous American who seemed most like me, at least in his childhood'.
Marilyn appeared in 29 films in her career. Which is your favourite Monroe film? Let us know in the comments below, we would love to hear from you.